Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day....

...one day late! I hope you all had a nice Mothers Day. My day was good. I got to sleep in until 9:45 (wow!) and then I got breakfast in bed (homemade tortillas with an omelet...yum) and my kids actually sat with me while I ate. Charles did all the dishes he had dirtied from making breakfast and later, I got a 2 hour nap. (Can you tell I love my sleep?). I also got to webcam with my own mom for a whole un-interrupted hour while he put the kids to bed. It was a nice day.

I was especially touched, though, when Charles said, "You know, even though its Mothers Day, its not like you get a real day off...I'm sorry about that". I thought that was sweet.

And it was great to watch my two older kiddos sing their Mothers Day song in Sacrament Mtg. It was the first time Samantha got up there and I was so close to tears! It was so great!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Sounds like you were treated right!! Nothing more a mom wants than to laz around and be excused from her normal daily duties. I got strawberry crepes and I ate with my mother in law for breakfast. I read my book all day and visited with my sister while my husband made dinner with his dad and changed all the diapers. It was nice and relaxing. I also got another beautiful homemade ash tray from my oldest son. It is just so cute how proud they are of their homemade gifts!!