Happy Birthday Carolyn...I know I'm technically a few hours early, but I wanted to make sure to be the first to give you birthday wishes! I was afraid it would be a challenge to come up with 30 more memories of us--but I was pleasently surprised. You are my oldest (no pun intended) friend I keep in contact with. We had plenty of adventures, so I had a lot to draw from (I did recycle a few)...
1. You moving to Lacey. I was so thrilled to have a friend my age! I was also ultra impressed with your extensive my little pony and gummy bracelet collections. You shared quite a few.
2. Decorating your doll house with wallpaper, etc.
3. Watching "TGIF" at sleepovers.
4. "Mormon Rap"!!!!
5. Fashion Show with Leslie, Heather, Erika, Carie, me and you.
6. Cheerleading stunts.
7. Debbie Gibson and Tiffany
8. Pink Boomboxes
9. Barbie makeovers (aka mutalations)
10. Lego House
11. Pom Pom Creations
12. Painting the "Evil Kaneval" Bike blue -- spokes and all--and then cleaning off. (This has to be one of my favorite childhood memories, because when my kids do something crazy, I have to remember that at one time I too lacked all reasonable judgement).
13. Letters from Germany
14. German Chocolate and Nutcrackers
15. A piece of the Berlin Wall
16. Going shopping and buying you "preppy" clothes when you got home from Germany
17. Honors English
18. You coloring your shoes...this was the beginning of your transformation over to "grunge."
19. You turning vegetarian!
20. Oliver!
21. Making you wear the turtleneck sweater for pictures with Melinda
22. EFY
23. Alice in Chains!
24. Joint 16th birthday -- Yes, I too will never forget side-swiping the car (It seems at 16 I still lacked reasonable judgement since I thought it would be a great idea to go pick up Mollie at the "bump").
25. Sitting on the floor in Laurels.
26. Going Christmas Caroling and singing in harmony -- we made a great team.
27. I would be remiss not to mention the Do-Wop Girls.
28. Being so impressed with how fast and efficiently you opened your presents at your baby shower!
29. I would certainly have to say motherhood fits you too!!! Along those same lines...
30. Realizing there's more to this crazy "crunchy/ granola" thing than I thought! You really are a wonderful mother! (I'm serious about this, this autism thing has really educated me!)
Carolyn, you really have always been a great friend. We certainly had our ups and downs -- and I don't feel like I was always a great friend to you. After everything, though, I am a better person (at the ripe old age of 30) for having known you for over 22 years!
Kelly
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You made me laugh! Thanks for the memories! You're such a good friend, although we don't see each other nearly enough!
I saw your mom on Sunday, who said you were turning to the crunchy side ;) We'll have to chat... we're doing a total elimination diet starting on Saturday to find out if food is causing some of my kids' problems (mostly eczema).
Happy Birthday Kelly and Carolyn! Kelly, I too remember the bump, HILARIOUS! What a baby I was! I also have fond memories of spanish class and Todd Anderson. ;) Carolyn, my fun memories also include getting a piece of the Berlin Wall, but one of my favorites is when you refused to sit in chairs at church...you are an original!!! Happy Birthday Ladies!
Happy Birthday! I also remember mutulating barbies with you, Carolyn. We washed some of your barbies hair with those bath oil balls and it never came out. Their hair was all greasy from then on. :)Fun times. I remember a slumber party at your house when we were teenagers-was that the joint 16th b-day party?
Happy Birthday Carolyn! I hope you had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Carolyn!
Post a Comment