Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to the Blogmaster!

Hey everyone! Today is Michelle's 31st birthday! I thought it would be fun if we all contributed by trying to get 31 comments on this post! If you have any fun memory of Michelle, or if there is some specific quality in her you admire, please leave it as a comment! WE LOVE YOU, MICHELLE! Happy Birthday!

36 comments:

Mollie said...

Mud pies and the "Poco-jade" under Grandma Tschudy's house.

Mollie said...

Bon Jovi, New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, spiral perms, tight jeans, neon jackets, and any other fad I copied you on. Even still, you are always finding the most fun and worthwhile things and sharing with your pesky little sister! (Blogging!)

Mollie said...

Fighting over who has to fold the white basket of clothes.

Mollie said...

"Runaway Michelle; never goin' back" Singing the modified version of this song when you ran away to Sherrie's house.

Mollie said...

Self control that sets the bar for the rest of us. You amaze me!

Mollie said...

Playing news reporter in the tub, and orphans anytime mom and dad were out and you were babysitting us. You truly have a gift for creativity!

Mollie said...

The simple fact that you have kept so many friends for so long speaks volumes about what a quality person you are! You are such a great example to me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mickey! 31, you've joined the ranks of oldies like me. Memories of Michelle, let's think.......

I'd have to go with Vince Gill as a musical memory, daring to ride around in my car with me all the time. It seemed like we were always laughing.

Anonymous said...

And I can't leave out the old college days, and the Brandon and Josh fad, and all of the lovely drama. I always loved having you and Autumn so close during the frozen years.

You also put up with my "firesides" in your dorm room.

You've been a great friend Michelle, I wish I had more time to write, just thought I'd check in before I leave for camp.

Ahhh, camp, I'll be thinking of you all.

christine said...

french class comes to mind for me and lunch times.

Happy Birthday Michelle!

CBlount said...

Remember the burnt brownies we made at your little house at Ricks. That didn't stop us from eating them:) (You'd think by the time we were at college we'd know the difference between 350 and 450...oops)

CBlount said...

Locking Mark and Jeff out of the house...

CBlount said...

Pouring your heart out about MM...

CBlount said...

MM in the closet, listening to every word!!!

sherrie said...

happy bday michelle!!! sheesh where do i start? memories galore over here. ok i'll try not to repeat any that have already been said so

playing barbies in your backyard with our cool silver corvettes.

sherrie said...

going to see robin hood in the theater and putting up with my obsessive kevin costner stage.

sherrie said...

our infamous duet in the back of the mcclellan van.

sherrie said...

i have to repeat this one: hearing a 'tap tap tap' on my window one dark lonely night. "sherrie, i'm running away!"

sherrie said...

always trying to get you the newest and greatest gossip from my ride to school from the mackey car.

sherrie said...

putting politically uncorrect signs in the MM yard and speeding away in the volvo amongst hysterical laughter.

sherrie said...

and endless evenings of fire drills, prank calls, farty parties. they go on and on. happy bday! love ya.

Mollie said...

my bad for posting this too late in the morning for all to see today....sorry! But I can easily finish to 31!

Mollie said...

Showing us all that you don't need to have a license to drive to be cool.;)

Mollie said...

One of the only people on Earth who thinks kids are as funny as I do, especially our own!

Mollie said...

Can learn anything she wants to, quicker than quick! What a brain!

Mollie said...

A timeless beauty! we all know she is incredibly gorgeous!

Mollie said...

Getting us into the Skanse's when she babysat . The ultimate fort! Great snacks and no parents!

Mollie said...

The ultimate world traveler! From Europe to South America to (DUN!DUN!DUN!...) Kansas! This girl can adjust and find joy anywhere on the planet!

Mollie said...

Sprite on the train on the way to Grandma T's. Going to the dining car on our own at night (A right of passage to becoming big kids!) and drinking by capping the straw with our finger, trapping the soda, and lifting it out of the bottle to drink.

Mollie said...

The Dessert Rose.

Mollie said...

An unshakable testimony that you have used to guide you in making every decision in your life! I love you!

Heather said...

I know this makes 32, but I need to get my two cents in on this thirty something party.
When I think back to the younger years, I remember a thoughtful, quick, softer spoken, fun girl who I am happy was part of my youth.
I ran into Michelle at the water park in Provo after she was married. Beautiful, sure of herself, smart as ever. It's funny how we evolve into adults and become comfortable with who we are. I saw that in Michelle the last time we met. It was amazing.
Happy birthday!

Michelle said...

thanks, moll, and thank you all for sharing your fun memories; we sure had some laughs, didn't we? it was a great birthday gift to hear from you. love you all!

Autumn said...

I don't know how I missed this one but I do not think I would of made it through the rest of High school or college without her. I think my every memory of Lacey involves Michelle. I was around for the Ian phase. There is always the Ford fiesta going round and round. Driving to Seminary, getting patted down by the police on the way home from woodland elementary, and many nights at long lake and various other spots. Singing and music. Her first kiss. My #1 member of the virgin lip club. Cheesy breadsticks at Ricks and so many other memories it would take all day to list. Whatever we did we had a blast!! Love ya girl Happy Birthday 31. I am almost there!!I can hardly belive we are in our 30ies. It just seems like yesterday we were some wild and crazy girls!!!!

Autumn said...

Another thought!! The "Ground Hog". I think I always felt closer to you than anyone because we both had similar backgrounds. Our parents were converts and grew up similar so thus had similar parenting styles. You always understood my situation and where I was coming from. It is always nice having someone who understands especially when you are a teenager. Obviously our parents did some really good things because look how well we turned out. I understand my parents a lot better now then I did then. It is not an easy job and I do not even have teenagers yet!!

Celestia said...

I am catching up on the blog, so Happy Belated Birthday Michelle! :)