Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Something you've learned about yourself

Okay, I had to get a new post on here. I keep learning things about myself and wondered if any of you are as psychotically introspective as me? What have you learned lately?

8 comments:

enickel said...

How about you go first...
Okay, I will give it a try. I have learned to relax a bit and not try and do it all right now. I have always been pretty laid back, but not with children.

Evelyn said...

I've learned that I'm actually stronger (emotionally) than I thought I was. And do you ever have one of those "holy moly" moments when you look around and think "These kids are mine?!" I had one of those recently and I felt overwhelmingly happy!

LucindaF said...

You're funny Erika. Evelyn, I've had those, I consider them tender mercies, because other times I look around and go, holy moly it is a mess in here.

I've learned that I'm not a nutcase, though I'm not completely sold yet. I've been reading a book about kook-a-loos like me who are considered highly sensitive.

LucindaF said...

Maybe I should explain a little better. Emotion is the rule in my life. I sense goodness, and it's opposite, sense the feelings of others, have an astute empathy that can be a blessing and a trial, am more in tune with my body than should be humanly possible. Extremely moved by music and art. Can be exhausted instantly by my affection for others. Can become ill because others are. And so on and so on.

Michelle said...

great question. this year i've found a lot of strength within myself. i haven't had the greatest social network to lean on here in Ohio, and after being diagnosed with RA and having my husband away so much, life has been difficult. usually i'm the one throwing parties, doing crazy projects and getting everyone together, but this year i put all of that aside to help take care of my family. it's been a blessing; i've learned so much. but you'd better believe that i'm going back to being my partying self once i get into my new house.

Autumn said...

I have learned that life throws a lot of curve balls and that it is short and gets shorter every year. I also no that everyone has trials and that they are different for each person. We all have different breaking points. Family and friends are very important. They help us get through it all.

LucindaF said...

Okay Autumn, what's going on lady? Sounds like there have been some real difficulties.

Autumn said...

Sorry Lucinda Summer has been crazy and I have not been on in awhile. Just ever since my parents divorce there has been a lot of family illnesses and deaths of cousins and grandparents and my brother is getting divorced. It just seems like every time I turn around my perfect little world is not so perfect anymore. I am just warn out with 4 kids and a really hard baby who I love but 3 colicky babies has been hard. Life just gets rough in the middle I guess. I guess I just had high expectations of motherhood and when you can't soothe your crying baby you start to question it. My season of babies will be over soon. I just really wanted to enjoy the baby time and I have not enjoyed as much as I would have liked. It just seems lately alot of clouds have been covering up my sun!!