Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Raise Your Hands If...

...you are feeling down from January blues! It happens to me every year. A friend recently described January perfectly to me - it is the armpit of the year. I know I'm not alone in feeling deflated, unmotivated, and blahzaaaay from the gray skies and cold temperatures! So my question is, how do you get yourself out of it? How do you get motivated to stick to those New Year's resolutions? I think I probably asked the same thing last year, but I need some fresh reminders...

6 comments:

Autumn said...

I try to use January to get organized. Clean out closests etc. Made a Household notebook this year to take care of paper clutter. It keeps me busy anyway. When I am busy I am not so blue. Some years I think I have Seasonal affect disorder or something.

Joy said...

I am doing just that Autumn! Of course I am highly motivated to sell my house so that helps me along. I actually think I have become addicted to Rubbermaid. I can't get enough.

Heather said...

Why can't I comment on LMP? It's telling me I'm not a member of that blog!

Carolyn said...

They've changed it to members only, so if you were somehow left out of becoming a member of that blog, you'll need to email an administrator. I think Angela is one, and maybe Sterling?

Mollie said...

Our family theme for the month of January is "House of Order!" I think I have made a record breaking amount of trips to the DI trailer this month. Got to make room for baby! I was told that every one needs at least 15 minutes of sun a day to get their Vitamin D. Deficiencies can make you feel blue....got a "Ja-make-a-me Tan" near by? ;)

Heather said...

My motivation and energy comes from hitting it hard at the gym. I got a job there teaching once a week so that I would have a free membership and free babysitting....so it is all guilt free monetarily. I love to feel the sweat rolling down and having the feeling that my body is being cleansed. I go in the mornings so I can be back for naps and housecleaning, grocery shopping, dinner making, helping in classrooms, babysitting, or any of the other numerous things we do.
Working out gives me a feeling of satisfaction that I am doing something for me that is beneficial and it makes me feel better about myself.
It also allows less guilt when I eat whatever, whenever.